16. How can I ensure that I receive emails from SpringerOpen?
How to ensure you receive emails from SpringerOpens
Occasionally, emails sent by SpringerOpen may be caught by spam filters. Most modern email software includes a spam or junk folder, and it is worth checking this from time to time.
If you find emails from SpringerOpen in your spam or junk folder, you can tell your mail program that it is not spam by hitting the "Not spam" or "Not junk" button, and most mail programs will learn from this and will be less likely to misclassify subsequent emails.
In order to guarantee that mail from SpringerOpen does not get caught by your spam filters, most systems also make it possible to create a list of "trusted senders".
Instructions are provided below for how to add SpringerOpen to your "trusted sender~" list using Outlook , Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and Postini. Even if your ISP or email program is not listed, a similar approach will generally be possible.
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Where it says “Add address” enter springeropen.com
- Click OK
- Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
- Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as "SpringerOpen"
- Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions are met: 'From' 'Contains'" and then enter SpringerOpen.com
- From the actions, select 'Move message' to mailbox 'Inbox'.
- Click "OK"
- Click the Address Book button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book
- Click on "New Contact"
- In the "Contact" tab of the new card, enter email@example.com to the email field
- Click "Ok"
- Select "Account settings > Junk Settings" from the side menu
- Select "Enable adaptive junk mail controls for this account" and "Personal Address book"
- Click "Ok"
- At the top right of the page, go to "Settings", "Filters", "Create a new filter"
- Where it says "From", enter springeropen.com
- Click "Next Step"
- Click the box "Never send it to Spam"
- Click "Create Filter"
- At the top right of the page, go to "Options”, “More options”
- Click "Safe and blocked senders"
- Click "Safe senders"
- Where it says: "Sender or domain to mark as safe:" enter springeropen.com
- Click the "Add"
- At the top left of the page click "Mail Options"
- Select 'Filters' (in the bottom left corner)
- On the Filters page, click "Add"
- Add “Filter Name”
- Select the “Sender”, and add "contains" then enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the ("Choose Folder") pull down menu and select 'Inbox'
- Select “Save”
- Log into your Postini account
- Go to "My settings", and then to “Approved senders”
- In the "Approved domains" box, add springeropen.com
- Click "Update approved domains"
- What is open access?
- What is SpringerOpen?
- Why publish with SpringerOpen?
- How is continued open access availability of my SpringerOpen puplication guaranteed?
- What is the peer-review policy for SpringerOpen journals?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- How can one cite articles published online in SpringerOpen journals?
- Do SpringerOpen journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are SpringerOpen journals indexed in bibliographic databases and search engines?
- What does it cost to publish in a SpringerOpen journal?
- What does it cost to publish in a SpringerOpen book?
- How does SpringerOpen make money?
- Are articles published in SpringerOpen journals available in printed form?
- Are SpringerOpen books available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in SpringerOpen journals?
- How can I ensure that I receive emails from SpringerOpen?
- Does SpringerOpen support access from mobile devices?
Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.