2. What is SpringerOpen?
SpringerOpen was launched in June 2010, as a response to the growing interest in open access publishing. SpringerOpen includes Springer’s portfolio of over 100 peer-reviewed open access journals across all areas of science ranging from very specialized titles to SpringerPlus, our interdisciplinary open access journal that covers all disciplines.
In August 2012, due to the growing demand for open access and the success of our SpringerOpen journals, we expanded our offering to open access books. Published under the SpringerOpen brand they complement our established open access journal portfolio.
Springer’s high level of author and production services applies for our SpringerOpen journals and books in precisely the same way it does for titles with the traditional model. By using the same peer review and editorial processes, we can ensure the quality and reliability of the work.
All SpringerOpen journals and books are included in our Open Access Membership Program, with over 400 participating institutions, societies and funders worldwide. The Membership covers some or all of their researchers’ publication cost when they submit to a SpringerOpen journal and entitles them to a loyalty discount when they publish a SpringerOpen book. Publishing with SpringerOpen enables authors to widen their readership, comply with open access mandates, retain copyright, and benefit from Springer’s trusted brand.
- What is open access?
- What is SpringerOpen?
- Why publish with SpringerOpen?
- How is continued open access availability of my SpringerOpen puplication guaranteed?
- What is the peer-review policy for SpringerOpen journals?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- How can one cite articles published online in SpringerOpen journals?
- Do SpringerOpen journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are SpringerOpen journals indexed in bibliographic databases and search engines?
- What does it cost to publish in a SpringerOpen journal?
- What does it cost to publish in a SpringerOpen book?
- How does SpringerOpen make money?
- Are articles published in SpringerOpen journals available in printed form?
- Are SpringerOpen books available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in SpringerOpen journals?
- How can I ensure that I receive emails from SpringerOpen?
- Does SpringerOpen support access from mobile devices?
Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.