3. Why publish with SpringerOpen?
SpringerOpen journals and books are freely and permanently available online upon publication. They are accessibly by anyone with an Internet connection, which maximises the visibility and thus the uptake and use of the work published.
High visibility through different platforms
SpringerOpen publications are freely available online at SpringerLink, the world’s most comprehensive online collection of STM content. In addition, all articles published in a SpringerOpen journal are freely available at the SpringerOpen website. To further increase visibility all SpringerOpen journals are included in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) and all SpringerOpen books are listed in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB).
Authors retain copyright
SpringerOpen journals and books are published under a Creative Commons License, enabling the authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. More information can be found here.
High quality and rigorous peer review
SpringerOpen publications are subject to high quality peer review and editorial standards.
A streamlined online submission and production process enables quick review, approval and publication.
Compliance with open access mandates
SpringerOpen publications can comply with open access mandates from funding sources or academic institutions in the fastest and easiest way.
Citation tracking and inclusion in bibliographic databases
SpringerOpen journals are tracked for impact factors and deposited into bibliographic databases without any embargo period.
Authors benefit from our Open Access Membership Program
SpringerOpen journals and books are included in our Open Access Membership Program, with over 400 participating institutions, societies and funders worldwide. The Membership covers some or all of their researchers’ publication cost when they submit to a SpringerOpen journal and entitles them to a loyalty discount when they publish a SpringerOpen book.
- What is open access?
- What is SpringerOpen?
- Why publish with SpringerOpen?
- How is continued open access availability of my SpringerOpen puplication guaranteed?
- What is the peer-review policy for SpringerOpen journals?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- How can one cite articles published online in SpringerOpen journals?
- Do SpringerOpen journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are SpringerOpen journals indexed in bibliographic databases and search engines?
- What does it cost to publish in a SpringerOpen journal?
- What does it cost to publish in a SpringerOpen book?
- How does SpringerOpen make money?
- Are articles published in SpringerOpen journals available in printed form?
- Are SpringerOpen books available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in SpringerOpen journals?
- How can I ensure that I receive emails from SpringerOpen?
- Does SpringerOpen support access from mobile devices?
Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.