19. How long will it take to peer review my manuscript?
We aim to provide a service that is faster than traditional journals, without compromising the quality of the peer review process. Some of the journals do this by using web-based technology to streamline the process. Many manuscripts accepted in SpringerOpen journals go through the peer review process in two months or less.
Every effort is made to ensure that manuscripts are reviewed efficiently and to a high quality. The exact length of time will depend on many factors, such as whether peers agree to review a manuscript, and how quickly they submit their reports.
- How do I find out if my manuscript is in scope for a SpringerOpen journal?
- How do I submit my manuscript to a SpringerOpen journal?
- Can I interrupt the submission process before it's complete?
- Is there a word or page limit for articles published in a SpringerOpen journal?
- How should I format my manuscript for submission?
- How do I prepare illustrations and figures to be submitted with my manuscript?
- Can I submit movies and large figure files with my manuscript?
- Can I carry on the submission of a manuscript when my colleague began the process?
- Can I submit my manuscript to you even though it is published elsewhere?
- What is SpringerOpen's policy on patient consent?
- What are language editing services?
- Does Springer offer language editing services?
- Why has Springer chosen to partner with Edanz?
- Are SpringerOpen authors required to use Edanz?
- Does using Edanz or another language editing service affect the editorial decision?
- What is Springer's commercial relationship with Edanz?
- See our separate APC FAQ
- Are the SpringerOpen journals peer-reviewed?
- How long will it take to peer review my manuscript?
- Does SpringerOpen copy-edit manuscripts?
- How long will it take for my article to be available in its final form?
- Can an article be changed once it is published?
- How can I tell how many times my article has been viewed?
- What is the copyright policy for SpringerOpen's journals?
- How do I cite articles published in a SpringerOpen journal ?
- Do SpringerOpen journals have Impact Factors and are their citations tracked?
- Are articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?