Prepay Membership enables an organization to cover the whole cost of publishing for their investigators when publishing in SpringerOpen journals. No additional fees will be paid by individual authors. This is an advance payment system whereby customers pay upfront for accepted articles authored by their investigators to be processed and published. Upon publication, the full Article-Processing-Charge (APC) for the journal in question, minus a loyalty discount, will be deducted from the account.
Benefits of Prepay Membership:
Full support to your authors and open access
- Your investigators do not have to pay anything directly for publishing in SpringerOpen journals.
- Your investigators are automatically recognised as full Members through IP address or password recognition.
- Without any cost-barriers authors are encouraged to choose open access journals when publishing their research.
No extra or hidden costs
- There is no joining fee. All monies are used towards the cost of open access publications.
- Credit is carried over until it is used up - from month to month, from year to year.
You decide how much to spend
- Customers decide how much they pay upfront depending on their budget. You can choose to cap your account to a defined amount so you don't have to worry about spending more than you can afford.
- The higher the amount paid in advance, the greater the loyalty discount given on each APC.
Flexible payment schedules
- Prepay Members' accounts can be topped-up with additional advance payment at any time.
- Customers who use their advance payment can decide to make an additional advance payment at that time or at the time of their annual renewal.
Monitoring and managing account activity
- Email alerts are sent to Prepay Member's administrators each time an article recognized as being authored by their investigators is submitted to our journals. This allows administrators to question submissions from authors not believed to be from the Member organization.
- Online statistics are available 24/7 to allow customers to view article submissions and publications from their organization. Prepay Members have online access to the status of their account, including the full list of "in-progress" and published manuscripts under their Membership.
Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.