Frequently Asked Questions
Many of our customers prefer seeing if an answer is already available online before getting in touch so we have created pages addressing the most common queries we receive from our customers.
Areas covered include general questions about open access, login, how to check the status of a manuscript and paying an article-processing charge.
If you can’t find what you are looking for on our Support FAQ pages below please feel free to contact us directly using the options available here.
Table of Contents
- Open access
- Article-processing Charges
- What does APC stand for and what are they for?
- How much are your APCs and what do they cover?
- Can I request a discount for my submission?
- Can I have a discount for a shorter manuscript?
- Is my institution is a SpringerOpen Member?
- Can I request an institutional discount based on a co-author’s affiliation?
- When will I have to pay the article-processing charge (APC)?
- How do I pay for my article-processing charge (APC)?
- What options do I have for paying my invoice?
- I requested an invoice for offline payment but would like to revert to online credit card payment
- I’m getting an error message when I tried to pay by credit card
- Can we split payment between multiple people or parties?
- Can you amend the invoice I just requested?