On this page
- When will I have to pay the article-processing charge (APC)?
- How do I pay for my article-processing charge (APC)?
- What options do I have for paying my invoice?
- I requested an invoice for offline payment but would like to revert to online credit card payment
- I’m getting an error message when I tried to pay by credit card
- Can we split payment between multiple people or parties?
- Can you amend the invoice I just requested?
Payment of an APC is required once a submission has been editorially accepted. There is no charge just to submit, but you will be asked to confirm how you intend to pay for the APC during the submission process.
Once the submission has been editorially accepted, you will receive an automated email advising how to complete the payment and including a link to a secure payment page. All charges can be paid online by credit card, although offline invoice payments (by credit card, cheque or bank transfer) are also available.
To pay for the article-processing charges, you will need to access the secure payment link received upon acceptance.
Here you can select payment method; online credit card payment or offline invoice payment.
Online credit card payments will be acknowledged with an online receipt immediately and will also produce an invoice (free of administrative charge) for reimbursement purposes.
If you wish to pay offline, you must first request an invoice. Offline invoice payments incur an additional administrative charge of £50.00 / €55.00 / US$75.00.
Your invoice will be sent by email to the corresponding author of the article within 48-72 working hours. If it does not arrive within this time-frame please let us know.
Please note that the invoice can only be sent to the corresponding author. If you are not the corresponding author but require a copy of the invoice, please contact us.
You have three options for paying your invoice; credit card, bank transfer, or cheque.
Please refer to the instructions on making a payment below:
- To pay your invoice by credit card, please contact our Credit Card team let them know the number of the invoice(s) you intend to pay for. They will provide you with a secure payment link which will forward you on to the payment page of our credit card service provider Worldpay.
- To pay for your invoice by bank transfer, use the bank details which are located at the bottom of the invoice. Once payment is made simply email the invoice and your remittance slip to our Accounts Department.
- If you wish to pay by cheque, simply post your invoice and cheque to:
BioMed Central Ltd.
Postfach 20 01 55
We will then match this payment to the invoice within our accounting system and your balance will be cleared.
Unfortunately, we are unable to change the payment option; once an invoice has been requested it cannot be reversed. However, you will be able to pay for your invoice by credit card.
To do this, once you have received your invoice, please contact our Credit Card team, providing the number of the invoice you would like to pay for. They will then get in touch to organise the credit card payment with you.
Please stay on the error page returned when you attempted to submit your payment and copy its URL.
Simply send us this URL (please paste the complete URL rather than attach a screenshot) and we will investigate why the payment was not successful.
You will be able to split the payment between multiple individuals/parties by simply requesting an invoice for offline payment after accessing the secure payment pages.
Please note that offline invoice payments incur an additional administrative charge of £50.00 / €55.00 / US$75.00 and that the invoice can only be sent to the corresponding author. If you are not the corresponding author but require a copy of the invoice, please contact us.
Once you received the invoice, please print out as many copies as you need and hand a copy to each payee. Each payee will have to follow the instructions for payment located at the bottom of the invoice. Please note that we cannot provide you with two invoices for a single article processing charge. The invoice can only contain one set of details and will be for the full amount due.
We are unfortunately unable to amend an invoice while the request is being processed. To make these changes, once you have received your invoice, please send it back to our Accounts Department highlighting the details you need to be amended.