Our journals welcome inquiries about publishing supplements. Proposed content, which may be articles or meeting abstracts, should be based on a common theme or originate from a conference. Our system is fast, simple and personal; we aim to publish your supplement within 8-10 weeks once it has entered production.
Types of content considered
- Consensus meeting results
- Conference proceedings (Full length or brief manuscripts, or abstracts)
- Others - let us know what you need
- Publication in well-respected, peer-reviewed journals
- Exposure to BioMed Central’s international audience
- Open access immediately on publication
- Indexing in major databases, including PubMed for most journals. See our indexing page for further information
- Permanency - deposit of articles in PubMed Central and/or other mirror databases
- Peer-review processes to ensure that content meets journal standards. See the Supplements - policies page for further information
- Online publication as PDF and full text. Other formats are available including print, USB etc.
- Competitive pricing
- Metrics available at article level (accesses, Altmetric scores, etc.)
- Specialist Supplements team at BioMed Central to support and guide your project from initial inquiry to publication and beyond
Take a look at an example of an abstract supplement and an article supplement.
If you are unable to find the information you need on these pages, please email us.