Aims, scope and objective
Cloud computing has become a corner stone for server-side computing. In the meantime, Internet of Things (IoT) are being embraced by the industries to solve problems previously almost impossible. Although these two distinct technologies have evolved independently over a long time, they are gradually showing more intersections and interactions. We anticipate the creation of a future generation of cloud computing that could integrate IoT seamlessly with server-side computing. This new generation of cloud computing could result in a major paradigm shift in a way that aligns the capabilities of these two technologies in the best way. However, the combination of these two technologies is still facing various challenges, such as the lack of consensus towards a reference model. To enable this transformation and boost the value created by cloud computing with IoT, this special issue solicits original works in all avenues of the integration of cloud computing and IoT. The list of possible topics includes, but not limited to:
- Novel theories, concepts, and paradigm of cloud computing with IoT
- Architecture design for the next generation cloud computing with IoT
- Open-source support for cloud computing with IoT
- Edge computing and distributed cloud computing with IoT
- Applications of AI in digital forensics for cloud computing with IoT
- Machine learning and data science in/for cloud-based IoT
- Smart IoT data analytics and mining cooperated by cloud computing
- Cloud computing for Big IoT data
- Serverless management of IoT systems cooperated by cloud computing
- Explainable intelligent algorithm for cloud and IoT data processing
- Cloud algorithm and theory analysis in Internet of Vehicles
- Attack identification and adversarial defense in IoT with cloud computing cooperation
- Security, privacy and trustworthiness of cloud computing with IoT
- Network security and threat intelligence of cloud computing with IoT
Professor Tie Qiu (Lead Guest editor), Tianjin Univeristy, China, email@example.com
Professor Michael Sheng, Macquarie University, Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Chen Chen, Xidian Univeristy, China, email@example.com
Professor Wenbing Zhao, Cleveland State University, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission: April 1, 2022
First nonfiction: June 1, 2022
Revision: August 1, 2022
Final version submission: September 1, 2022
Submissions should be original papers and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Extended versions of papers from relevant conferences and workshops are invited as long as the additional contribution is substantial (at least 30% of new content).
Authors should follow the formatting for the Journal of Cloud Computing at https://www.springer.com/13677.
For more general information visit the Springer Nature Information for journal Article Authors pages at https://www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors/journal-author.
All papers will be peer-reviewed.