SpringerOpen, launched in June 2010, includes Springer’s portfolio of 200+ peer-reviewed fully open access journals across all areas of science.
In August 2012, due to the growing demand for open access and the success of our SpringerOpen journals, we expanded our offering to open access books. Published under the SpringerOpen brand they complement our established open access journal portfolio.
SpringerOpen journals and books are made freely and permanently available online immediately upon publication. They are subject to high-level peer review, author and production services ensuring quality and reliability of the work. Authors publishing with SpringerOpen retain the copyright to their work, licensing it under a Creative Commons license. To cover the cost of the publication process, all SpringerOpen journals and books charge an open access fee.
Publishing with SpringerOpen enables authors to widen their readership, comply with open access mandates, retain copyright, and benefit from Springer’s trusted brand!
What is open access?
Publishing open access makes your work freely and permanently available online for anyone, anywhere. Open access publishing allows free access to and distribution of published articles and books. Learn more
- Publications are freely available online
- High-level peer review, production and publishing processes
- Authors retain copyright
- High visibility
- Citation tracking and inclusion in bibliographic databases
We publish a wide range of journals and books across all disciplines.
- Take a look at our journal portfolio
- See which journals have Impact Factors
- Learn how to submit an article
- Browse our open access books list
- Read about the benefits of publishing an open access book
A substantial number of our SpringerOpen journals are published in collaboration with learned societies and institutions located around the world. These pages provide essential information about our publishing services and partners
- Publish your society journal with us
- Maximize your journal's global impact
- Learn about your Financial benefits
- Explore our First class publishing services