The Sports Performance and Exercise Collection it is a new venue to publish original research, meta-analyses, reviews, case studies, and short communications within all topics of Sport and Exercise Science.
Authors of articles that discuss a multidisciplinary approach to Sports and Exercise Science may often witness difficulty when seeking publication in high quality journals. Thus, we sought to launch and oversee a venue which will publish high quality articles of this topic-spanning nature, those which cross any areas from Biomedical Science, Physiology, Engineering, Clinical Medicine and Social Sciences.
Moreover, many high quality journals in Sports Science require payment to read the published content, and the research is not available for re-use by peers. For this reason, SpringerPlus provides the opportunity to increase the visibility of research by providing an Open Access platform for the needs of our fellow Sport and Exercise Scientists.
This Collection aims to publish research on various aspects of the Sports and Exercise Sciences. Topics invited are:
1) Performance in Sport. Edited by Dr Del P. Wong and Dr Wilbur Kraak
- Match Analysis in Sports
- Performance Analysis in Sports
- Sports Training
- Training methodology and periodization
2) Physical Activity, Exercise and Physical Fitness. Edited by Chang-Gyun Kim, Dr Karen Lee and Dr Robert Pritchett
- Benefits of regular physical activity
- Health benefits of physical activity
- Exercise Physiology
- Senior Health
- Injury Prevention
- Physical Education
3) Motor Control and Learning. Edited by Dr Rui Sousa Mendes, Dr Juan Fuentes, and Dr Fernando Manuel Lourenço Martins
- Motor learning
- Motor Control
- Motor Behaviour
- Neurosciences and Motor Control
4) Sports Management, Tourism and Recreation. Edited by Dr Claude Sobry and Dr Ricardo Melo
- Sports Management
- Sports and Tourism
- Sports Recreation
All articles submitted undergo rigorous peer review, based on initial editorial screening and single-blind refereeing by at least two peer reviewers.
The Collection will consider ‘negative result’ studies.
If your manuscript meets the aims and scope of this individual Collection, please first follow all of the SpringerPlus Submission Guidelines.
During submission, at the "Additional Information" section, please select that you are submitting to an Article Collection, and choose “Sports Performance and Exercise” from the list.