Due to the distributed nature of cloud computing systems, many challenging attacks or threats happen, such as distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack. The conventionally centralized anomaly detection mechanisms are not feasible due to the reluctance of security related data sharing and lack of effective incentive motivations. Meanwhile, Federated learning (FL) and blockchain are two new computing paradigms in the recent decade, which are fast developing and brings innovative solutions to protect the security of various application systems, such as threat detection, secure computation, attack prevention, and so on. FL can enable an artificial intelligent model to be trained by isolated private datasets without collecting them together, thus the privacy of the private data is preserved. Blockchain systems can be treated as distributed ledgers to record and share security data in a traceable manner, contributing the infrastructural foundation for practical information technology systems. Combining the both can even expand the emerging capabilities and is potential to reshape the current landscape of security techniques.
This Collection aims to present state-of-the-art, research challenges, solutions, and applications of advanced blockchain and FL techniques targeting at building a secure cloud computing environment. It also aims to cover various aspects of blockchain and FL based framework that supports cyber security. The outcome will be a collection of articles that propose advanced techniques for in the domain of security of cloud computing, blockchain and FL.
Topics of interest (not limited to):
- Security architecture design of secure cloud computing based on blockchain or FL
- New attack or threat revelation mechanism for cloud computing based on blockchain or FL
- Attack mitigation mechanisms for cloud computing based on blockchain or FL
- Privacy-preserved federated learning for blockchain empowered cyber security
- Efficient incentive mechanism for sharing threat information based on Blockchain
- Secure multiple computation for cyber security with blockchain or FL
- DDos attacks mitigation mechanisms for cloud computing based on blockchain or FL