Sustainable Energy Research is calling for submissions to our Collection on Energy and material recovery in waste management.
A comprehensive and quantitative perspective, like bio-refinery, on waste management in tune with country-centric needs, keeping in view its socio-economic background, and local waste sources and composition, apart from the markets available for the energy recovered and products reclaimed is needed.
Therefore, it is very vital to understand that acceptable and feasible solutions catering to the needs of a region are to be provided. Waste handling, transportation, and treatment is considered as a drag on the cities environment and macro and micro economics, notwithstanding the benefits accrued in the form of retrieval of useful materials and energy. Equally important is a clear and quantitative knowledge of using reclaimed materials and energy in the markets without posing any threat to the environment.
1. Waste to wealth
2. Recycling of waste
3. Treatment of waste
4. Novel methods of extraction of meaningful products
5. Recovery efficiency
6. Application of eco-benign and sustainable approaches
7. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of resources
8. Application of Green matrices
9. Designing and developing novel green synthetic pathways
10. Refinement and Quantification of recovered products
11. Use of recovered materials from waste as precursors