Open access funding and policy support
Open access funding support service
SpringerOpen offers a free open access (OA) support service to make it easier for authors to discover and apply for article-processing charge (APC) and book processing charge (BPC) funding. We can:
- Provide personalized information on OA funds that may be available
- Direct you to the OA funding co-ordinator at your institution or funding body
- Supply you with information for your OA funding application
- Help you demonstrate the benefits of OA to support your application
- Give personalized advice about the funding application process for your institution or funding body
- Provide advice about compliance with funders' and institutions' OA policies
For further advice on the funding available to you and guidance in approaching funders and institutions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding sources for open access articles: Check whether your institution or research funder makes OA funding available
Funding sources for open access books: Check whether your institution or research funder makes OA funding available for monographs, edited collections, and chapters.
Funders requiring CC BY license for open access books: Find out whether your funder requires you to publish your OA book or chapter under a CC BY license.
Open access funding and policy checklist: Identify potential sources of APC funding and ensure your publication meets all the OA requirements of your funders and institutions.
Open access funding FAQs: Learn about the types of APC funding available, as well as how to secure such funding and meet eligibility requirements.
Open access policy FAQs: Learn how to meet your funders' and institutions' requirements for open access publications.