SpringerOpen has unparalleled experience launching successful new open access journals and developing existing society journals. We are proud of the services we offer and the relationships we have built with our partners.
Join our successful portfolio
Since the SpringerOpen launch in 2010 our portfolio has steadily grown and we now publish about 200 journals across all areas of science, technology, medicine, the humanities and social sciences. Over 100 titles are published in partnership with academic societies and scholarly organizations
Sustainable publishing with open access
The success of open access publishing is not only due to the benefits of accessibility and visibility it gives to authors and journals. Open access has gained the support of governments and research funding bodies across the world because they believe in providing full access to ground-breaking research that can contribute to both the economic growth and the social wellbeing in their countries.
New policies and mandates are being announced regularly as open access grows globally:
- The UK government announced its commitment to free and open access to all publicly funded research.
- The European Commission committed to open access through the Horizon 2020 programme.
- In the US the White House is moving to make federally funded research open to the public.
- In Asia the Chinese Academy of Science led the way in supporting open access, with progress being made by many other key opinion leaders in the region.
- The Australian Research Council and the National Health and Medical Research Council have both recently mandated open access
Choose SpringerOpen as your publishing partner
Choosing to publish with SpringerOpen ensures that your journal is fully compliant with the new and changing legislation around the world. We offer high levels of support from dedicated publishing editors and experienced marketing teams to ensure that your journal reaches its full potential. We provide a cutting-edge open access publishing platform and can provide full peer review support for your editors to enable a fast and efficient service to authors.
Many journals have already benefitted from a smooth transition into the SpringerOpen portfolio and we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your society or organisation’s publishing needs.
Our publishing team looks forward to hearing from you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you would like to discuss an open access journal with us.