SpringerOpen publications are deposited in multiple digital archives around the world to guarantee long-term digital preservation.
These archives include:
- Koninklijke Bibliotheek (National Library of the Netherlands)
- Deutsche Nationalbibliothek (German National Library)
- CLOCKSS service (Controlled LOCKSS)
- PubMed Central (United States) (where applicable)
- PubMed Central Canada (where applicable)
- Europe PubMed Central (where applicable)
Springer is a participant in the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) initiative. LOCKSS will enable any library to maintain their own archive of content from Springer and other publishers, with minimal technical effort and using cheaply available hardware.